Smoking…a nasty little habit I developed, don’t I know it might kill me. Yes, I do.
Why DO people smoke anyway? Well, here’s a couple of reasons I do.
- It’s fun, I have no idea why, maybe I’m easily amused or just bored to death.
- It’s a reward: I’ve finished cleaning the toilet! Good job, I think I’ll smoke now.
- They keep you company and provide bonding time with fellow smokers. Hello, old friend, how’s your day going?
- It’s the only time my brain stops to relax. Ahh..this smoke helps me meditate, wonder if the Buddha smoked?
- It’s a release from stress and it tastes good with coffee. PMS, PMS, PMS…bring on the coffee and smokes.
Okay, so now that I’ve gone over the lovely reasons I like to smoke. I will go over the things I despise about smoking.
- Stinky, Stinky, Stinky, masking this smell with perfume is quite a feat.
- Going outside in freezing cold, ouch.
- Stigma, it’s no longer Audrey Hepburn and Mad Men glamorous.
Most importantly the number one reason that I don’t like smoking is that with each puff, I pictures these little cancer cells going in my body and setting up shop, just waiting for their moment to pounce!
Okay, this is the good part. WHAT! Someone has invented an electronic cigarette? I can still smoke without actually smoking and not get the 4000 carcinogenic compounds that come along with it. Okay, let’s do this! Bought a Blu Ecig and haven’t been back to the real thing since forever.
Ah, yeah, guilt free, smoke free, stigma free, frostbite free smoking. With the electronic cig, I get everything I like about smoking and none of the crap I hate. It’s pretty much a miracle.
Disclaimer: Now for all you people under 18 and you nonsmokers, I AM NOT promoting smoking. You don’t need another bad habit, do you. This is for smokers, who don’t want to “smoke” anymore.